Sunday, May 24, 2009

Mayo Cheese Dip

Before I was married, my friends and I used to spend most of our Friday nights watching FRIENDS on DVD and munching on something all night. I used to whip up something new on every such ‘FRIENDS’ night. There were a lot of good surprises and quite a few disasters as well.

Once in a while, especially on a weekend, I like not eating regular dinner but munching on snacks and playing/chatting/watching TV all night. One item that comes very handy on such occasions in the Mayo Cheese Dip. I learnt it from another friend years ago and is a favorite among my friends even now. Serve it with potato chips, french fries, khakra or even papad. Cut carrot, capsicum and cucumber length wise, dip and relish.

Serves: 2 - 3
Preperation: 15 mins

You will need:

Mayonnaise – 1 Tbspn
Cheese Spread – 1 Tbspn
Thick Curd – 1 Tbspn
Carrot – 1 tspn finely chopped
Capsicum – 1 tspn finely chopped
Green chillies – 2 finely chopped
Lemon juice – 1/4th tsp
Salt – to taste
Oregano- to garnish

Method:

Mix the mayonnaise, cheese spread and curd together in a bowl.
Add the rest of the ingredients, except Oregano, and mix well.
Sprinkle oregano and serve.

Note: Make sure not to add any water from the curd to maintain a good consistency of the dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment